E.U. SAFE HARBOR
Quid complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Quid has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Quid’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OUR SITES AND SERVICES
- Volunteered: If you contact us or register to receive our newsletter, open an account with us, purchase products or services, send us an email, or share personal information with us in any other way, we collect the information you share. Depending on what information you choose to provide, this may include your name, email address or billing information. You do not have to share this information with us, but without it, you may not be able to access certain content or features or use certain Services.
- Posted: If you post information on public areas of the Sites (or elsewhere on the Internet) that information may be collected and used by anyone, including Quid.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
The short answer is that we generally use this information to help Quid provide you with better service, which in turn helps cover the cost of providing our Sites and our Services and third party websites and services. Among other things, the information we collect can enable Quid to:
- customize the content and advertising you see
- fulfill your requests for Services and validate your user rights
- contact and communicate with you
- conduct research and analysis on behalf of Quid and/or Quid’s clients
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
- provide you with additional information we think is of interest to you
WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Anonymous Information. The Site may track the total number of visitors to the Site, the number of visitors to each page of the Site, browser type, IP addresses, external websites linked to and other usage statistics collected and used in aggregate form collected through the Site and we may analyze this data for trends and statistics in the aggregate but such information will be maintained, used and disclosed in aggregate form only and it will not contain personally identifiable information. We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may freely share anonymous user information with others, such as clients, advertisers, sponsors and business partners.
- Personally Identifiable Information. In more limited circumstances, we may share personally identifiable information we have collected. For example:
- We might share personally identifiable information during due diligence or in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- If you give us permission, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who may send you marketing and promotional information.
- Your personal information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make the Sites and Services available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates, agents and consultants.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with relevant information about us, services purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted or required by law, or where we reasonably believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our employees or users or business partners, such as to protect, establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, threats to our property, suspected fraud, or violation of Quid’s Terms of Service.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Sites are not intended for children under age 13, or for anyone under age 18 without involvement of a parent or guardian. The Sites may include unmonitored content posted by users or sourced from other third parties and such content may be unsuitable for children. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under 13.
We take your security seriously and take reasonable steps to protect and secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure, including through secure socket layer, password protection and, for certain transmissions to our Services, encryption. Any information collected by Quid is stored on servers that Quid manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Although we take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information, please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Quid cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Sites or Services and you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared, the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, and their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address Quid Inc., 62 1st Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS, OPT-OUT & ACCESS
If you wish to (1) remove your personal information from our system in order to stop receiving information from us, (2) exclude your personal information from our direct marketing, (3) update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personal information, or (4) otherwise manage communications your receive from Quid, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective: December 15, 2015
Or you can contact us by mail at Quid Inc., 600 Harrison 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.
- Cookie: an alphanumeric identifier that we may transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
- Internet protocol address: an individual “name” that is assigned to each computer on the Internet, so that each computer can be told apart.
- Referring website address: the domain name or URL of the webpage you were visiting right before you came to the Sites.
- Browser: is the software application on your computer that lets you “see” websites. Common browsers are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Apple Safari.